Pros And Cons of Online Relationships
Over the last 5-10 years the rate of online relationships has grown in popularity, and I imagine that trend will
There are dating sites now that allow for friendships, romantic relationships, and if looking for that, even
Folks can go online, set up a profile giving anyone who looks at it the basics about them, and what they are
wanting from a potential partner.
With all of that out there and readily available it begs the question, are online relationships good? Well, so
as not to push my opinions on you, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of online relationships and then you can
Pros of an online relationship:
- An online site offers a lot more possibilities then you could possibly ever meet in your day to day
- The dating profiles are a really good break down of what a person is like before you meet them. It will
tell you a lot of the basic information like: their interests, what they do for a living, what they are looking
for, etc…This saves a whole lot of time and is probably one of the greatest benefits of online dating.
- We all have that fear of being rejected. By going online you reduce the level of rejection because if he
or she says no to your offer of a date, you won’t suffer that face to face rejection and you can go ahead and move
forward, meeting someone new.
- Before you even meet you are able to find out if you two are compatible past your profiles. You can chat
about things before you meet, saving time and money on a wasted date for two people who really want different
- You get to meet all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds and maybe make up your mind about
someone before the physical aspects get in the way. You want to build a foundation, not just jump in the sack.
Cons of an online relationship:
- On most sites women are outnumbered by the men. This is not great because that means, for the men, the
competition is much greater. It can also be an issue for women because not all the men on the site are really there
for a real long term relationship.
- The free sites end up getting swamped by people who don’t really want any type of relationship but just
join for fun. They really have no desire to meet anyone let alone build a relationship with anyone.
- This is probably the biggest con, because of the anonymous nature you can never be totally sure that the
person online is representing themselves in a truthful manor. They may make things up to make themselves sound
- On a rare occasion prostitutes may use dating sites to attempt to lure lonely single men for
As you can see there is a lot to think about in terms of pros verses cons when it comes to online dating. It has
the potential to be a great tool for meeting someone, but be careful and smart.
Click here now => http://savingthelove.com/1000-Questions.html