10 Causes And Cures Of Unhappiness
Ever notice that unhappy people tend to attract other unhappy people? In the process of doing so, they suck the
life right out of a room.
If you're tired of misery loving company and want to generate more positives in your life, it's time to take
A look at 10 causes and cures of unhappiness can put you on the right track.
Identifying and acting on the 10 causes and cures of unhappiness in your own life can make you a stronger,
well-adjusted person. In the process, you might find that you start attracting "happier" people who bring life and
exuberance into a room.
So, what are some of the more common issues related to unhappiness? Here are 10 causes and cures of unhappiness
you may want to consider working on in your life if they are present:
* Jealously - This is a huge issue for many people. Jealously over a partner, things other people have,
accomplishments that have been made and so on can be very damaging to you and those around you. To cure this
problem, admit you have it (if you do).
Then, learn how to focus on positives in your own life. Sure, you may not have been born rich or thin or blonde,
but you've got some things going on for you. Embrace them and celebrate others' successes and you will be a whole
* Insecurity - This can go hand-in-hand with jealously, but not always. Fear of losing a loved one, a job or
something else of value can be crippling. Learn to appreciate what you have while you have it, take a positive
stand in life and remember that whatever will happen will happen and you can lessen insecurity's grip.
* Low self-esteem - When looking at the 10 causes and cures of unhappiness, this is among the most common. When
self-esteem is low, happiness doesn't generally stand a chance. Learn to focus on your positives, work on
overcoming or compensating for what you perceive as negatives and you can gain some control over your life.
Appreciate your strengths and others will, too. Use self-affirmations, develop your skills, improve your
appearance. Just do something to make yourself feel better about who you are.
* Negativity - Viewing the world as a glass that's always half empty can drag on happiness for yourself and
others around you. Refocus your thoughts on positives in your life. Self-affirmations can come in handy here as can
taking stock in what's right rather than what's wrong.
* Lack of communication - If you have communication problems with a loved one,
happiness will suffer. Learn to open up, share and listen to cure this common problem on the top 10 causes and
cures of unhappiness.
**HOT Tip** It's a well known fact that a good sex life can greatly increase your overall happiness. If you
think your sex life could do with a makeover, I strongly reccomend checking out 500 Love Making Tips:
This has been endorsed by none other than Oprah Winfrey, and I KNOW that this guide can only bring good things
to your life.
Check it out here:
* Lack of personal fulfillment - All too often people spend their lives trying to make other people happy. They
never stop to consider themselves. To handle this issue on the list of 10 causes and cures of unhappiness, allow
yourself some "me time" to develop personal interests.
* Depression in your partner - This is one of the
more serious issues on the 10 causes and cures of unhappiness list. If depression is lasting, working through
issues with a professional might be in order.
* Irrational thoughts - Allow your thoughts to run wild and unhappiness is likely to follow. To cure this
problem, acknowledge irrational thoughts, face them head on and work to overcome them.
* Lack of control - This is another very common issue on the list of 10 causes and cures of unhappiness. Many
people want to have control over themselves, others in their lives and everything that happens. This just isn't
possible. Learn to accept that not everything - or everyone - is controllable and that this is okay.
* Lack of a significant other - All too often people believe that they "need" someone else to make them happy.
The truth is no one is responsible for your happiness but you. Learn to appreciate yourself, decide to be happy and
other positives are likely to fall into place in your life.
Learning how to increase the flow of communication in your relationship can take some practice. Just keep
working at it, listen to your partner and try to be open and honest. The more you try, the better you will both get
For more on this topic, check out: